StyleCaster Media Group has teamed up with Ford Motor Company and 92nd Street Y to launch the inaugural State of Style Summit on February 7, 2012.
Kicking off New York Fashion Week, the summit will unite industry leaders and tastemakers to discuss the relationship between style and design, consumer purchase behavior and trends in the digital age. At the summit, StyleCaster will debut the State of Style report, in partnership with Empirica Research.
The State of Style, which 92Y will present at its downtown location, 92YTribeca, will bring together a dynamic community of top-level style, retail and beauty executives to pursue one shared goal: to unlock the communication and design potential of new media.
Through provocative panels, Q&As and new consumer research, the sessions will provide comprehensive insight into emerging consumer trends in the fashion, beauty and style space. Speakers include:
- Albert Azout, Founder and CEO of Sociocast Networks, @Sociocast
- Alexandra Wilkis Wilson, Co-Founder and CMO, Gilt Groupe, @GiltAlexandra
- Aliza Licht, SVP Global Comm, Donna Karan International, @DKNY
- Anthony Prozzi, Senior Interior Designer, Ford Motor Company, @Ford
- Aslaug Magnusdottir, Co-Founder and CEO, Moda Operandi, @modaoperandi
- Brent Poer, EVP and Creative Director, LiquidThread NA, @LiquidThread
- Catherine Moellering, EVP, Tobe Report of Doneger Group, @TheTobeReport
- Darren Herman, Chief Digital Media Officer, The Media Kitchen, @DHerman76
- Gretchen Harnick, Marketing Professor, Parsons, @Parsons560
- Lauren Bush, CEO and co-founder, FEED, @LaurenBushTweet
- Lauren Indvik, Media and Fashion Editor, Mashable, @LaurenI
- MazdackRassi, Creative Director at Milk Studios, @MilkStudios
- Mike Indursky, President of BlissSpa, @BlissSpa
- Neil Blumenthal, Co-CEO and co-founder, Warby Parker, @NeilBlumenthal
- Oliver Laubscher, Global Director, WPP GroupM Initiative, @WPP
- Rebecca Minkoff and Uri Minkoff, @RebeccaMinkoff
- Scott Lipps, E! Scouted, CEO of ONE Model Management, @ScottLipps
- Sean Carasso, CEO and founder, Falling Whistles, @FallingWhistles
- Sheryl Connelly, Manager of Ford Global Trends and Futuring, @Ford
- Simon Isaacs, Founder and CEO, TaskForce, @Simonisaacs
- Simone Bridges Oliver, Fashion Editor, New York Times, @SimoneSOliver
- Stacy London, TLC's What Not To Wear, co-founder of Style For Hire, NBC's TODAY Show expert, @StacyLondonSays
- Steve Davis, President of Rue La La, @RueLaLa
- Tom Florio, Former IMG executive and SVP and publishing director at Vogue, Teen Vogue, Conde Nast Traveler & Bon Appetit
- Van Dyke Lewis, Fiber Science and Design Professor, Cornell University, @cornell_univ
- Willie Greene, Editor-in-Chief, WeTheUrban, @WeTheUrban
- More speakers to be announced
Each session will kick off with a key finding from the State of Style report, which StyleCaster commissioned in partnership with Empirica Research. Empirica's highly esteemed PHD fellows used extensive crowd-sourcing methods in order to unveil unprecedented projections for design, branding, and purchasing trends among style consumers. The full State of Style report will be available for purchase on-site and at www.stylecaster.com/state-of-style thereafter.
"Since the inception of StyleCaster, we have viewed it as our responsibility to kick down the doors of Fashion Week and bring people inside," says Ari Goldberg, CEO and founder of StyleCaster Media Group. "The State of Style Summit epitomizes everything we believe. Alongside best-of-breed partners like Ford Motor Company and 92Y, we have created a platform for meaningful discussion that fosters the counterpoint narrative to NYFW."
- Date: Tuesday, February 7, 2012
- Time: 10:00 am – 5:30 pm ET, Cocktail reception to follow.
- Location: 92YTribeca at 200 Hudson Street
- Tickets to the conference are available for $99 at StyleCaster.com/state-of-style. A special discounted rate is available for those who are emerging in the field, including students and up-and-coming designers.
- All proceeds will benefit 92nd Street Y, a nonprofit community and cultural center.
- On Twitter: @StyleCaster @92YTribeca @Ford #StateOfStyle